Sunday, March 1, 2009

More Hi-E goodness

Well I finally scored some Hi-E rims. They are extremely light at about 220 grams. They were advertised as 240 grams but my scale says otherwise...What is interesting to me about these rims is the way they are made. They are made from a single sheet of aluminum that has been run through a machine to fold them over and create the shape. They are then riveted at the seam. The spoke eyelets are pretty chunky and I wonder how they were made and attached to the rim.
I'm debating about actually building them up and riding them because they feel extremely flimsy. If I do build them up I'll have to find some more Hi-E hubs with 36 holes. I've got two of them but they don't match and one is already laced into a rim.
Either way....I'm excited to have them! I leave y'all with some pics.

Cheers!



Oh! I almost forgot about another folding bike I got recently. I'm really excited about it and as I gather up more info it will get a post of it's own....I'd call it the Hi-E of folding bikes because it is very light in comparison to every folder I've had the pleasure to handle. It's made of aluminum and does not seem to have a single weld on it....Enough blabbing. I give you....

The Bickerton

No comments:

Post a Comment